Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
The abstract submission guidelines of the 5th MOIP Congress, Cyprus 2016, are intended to provide clear instructions before submitting an abstract.
You are kindly requested to carefully read the guidelines stated below.
The Scientific Committee invites authors to submit abstracts to be considered for inclusion in the programme. Authors must follow the guidelines for abstract submission set out below. Abstracts not conforming to these guidelines will not be considered for presentation.
The first three abstracts will be awarded with a monetary award. More specifically, the awards are:
- 1st – €500
- 2nd – €300
- 3rd – €200
The awarded posters will be presented orally in the main scientific program.
The deadline for the abstract submissions is extended to 18th July 2016.
Abstract Submission Procedure
To submit an abstract please send it to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org along with your full details: Name, Surname, Country, Title, University (if applicable) and contact telephone number
Abstract Submission Rules
– Registration in the congress is required prior to abstract submission (Please send your registration form and payment receipt along with your abstract)
– At least one author from each abstract is expected to attend the congress and present the e-poster or oral presentation.
– Submission of the abstract constitutes the author’s consent for publication (e.g. congress website, programmes, abstract book on CD, other promotions etc.).
– The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content provided to 5th MOIP Congress. The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
– The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the content.
– The organisers reserve the right to remove any publication and abstract which does not comply with the above.
Abstracts Submission Instructions
– All abstracts must be written in English.
– Submitted abstracts must be original.
– Abstracts previously published or presented at an international scientific meeting cannot be submitted.
– For the presentation of abstract it is essential that presenting author is registered for the Congress.
– You may submit more than one abstract as a first author.
– Fill in the submitting author’s name and e-mail address properly – these contact details will serve for further correspondence with the author(s).
– Please indicate the appropriate congress topic.
– The maximum length of the body of the abstract for an oral presentation or poster presentation is 350
– Tables and/or pictures are not accepted as part of the abstract.
Abstract Layout Instructions
– Abstracts will contain text only – graphs and pictures cannot be inserted.
– Title: Make the title of the abstract brief, clearly indicating the nature of the investigation. Use a capital letter for the first letter in the title only.
– Name of the author(s): Type the initial of the first name(s) which should be followed by the family name(s). Do not include degrees or professional titles.
– Address/Institution: Type name and location of the department or institution in which your work was performed.
– Text of the abstract: Maximum length of the abstract is 350 words
– We recommend that the format for an abstract follows the following outlines:
Material and Methods
Discussion and Conclusion
Abstract Delivery Notification
Authors will be immediately notified about the delivery of their abstract by e-mail. In case you will not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please check your spam folder and in case of no confirmation e-mail, please contact: email@example.com
Abstract Acceptance Notification
The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstract will be accepted as an oral or poster presentation. Authors will be notified about the acceptance or rejection of their Abstract by e-mail.
Final e-Posters/Oral presentations
Authors of selected abstracts will be asked to send their e-poster or the abstract of their oral presentation by October 9, 2016. All submitted final e-posters/oral presentations will be included in the e-Abstract Book that will be uploaded in the congress’ website.
Abstract review, selection and publication
An international panel of experts will review the abstracts.
If authors wish to withdraw their abstracts from presentation or publication they are requested to send a letter via e-mail to the congress secretariat before 31st of June. Consequently the abstract will not be presented nor published.
If you need more clarifications regarding the Abstract Submission Procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org