- – Assistant Professor, Orthodontic Department University of Michigan
- – Professor and Head, Department of Orthodontics, Univ. of Athens
- – Associate Dean, Dental School, University of Athens
- – Visiting Professor: Univ. of Michigan and Saint Louis Univ.of USA and Karolinska University of Sweden
- – President of Greek Scientific Societies
- – President of the European Orthodontic Society
- – Representative of Greece to the “Erasmus Committee for the Convergence of the Graduate Orthodontic – Programs in Europe”
- – Representative of Greece to the ‘Standing Advisory Committee for Dental Education in Europe’
- – In recognition of her contribution to her profession and to the Greek academic and social life, she has been elected and served as Honorary Member of the Greek Parliament.
More than 150 publications in Greek and foreign scientific journals and three
Chapters in text books of other authors, including the latest edition of the book “Essentials of Facial Growth” by Donald H. Enlow and Mark G. Hans.
After Retirement: Thirteen literary books (essays and short stories) on various aspects and problems of everyday and family life, for which she has received two Greek literary awards.
Awards and Honors:
- – Recipient of many Greek scientific awards
- – The Research Essay Award of Special Merit of the American Association of Orthodontics, for excellence in research
- – The Ernest Sheldon Friel Memorial Lecture of the Europ.Orthodontic Society
- – Invited Lecturer to many International Congresses, in Europe and the USA
- – Invited Visiting Scholar, Orthodontic Dpt., American Univ. of Beirut
Honorary Member of:
- – The Greek Society of Orthodontic and Craniofacial Studies and Research
- – The Cyprus Orthodontic Society
- – The Egyptian Orthodontic Society
- – Fellow of the American College of Dentists
- – Fellow of the International College of Dentists
Main Research Interests:
Interaction of Form and Function, Morphogenesis – Dysmorphogenesis of the Craniofacial Complex, Bone Physiology, Clefts.